Alpha BioPesticides Limited, trading as AlphaBio Control, (referred to as “We, “Our” or “Us”), is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We take care to protect the privacy of our customers and users of our products that communicate (online or offline) with us, over the phone, through our mobile applications, websites and social media platforms.
Throughout this document we refer to Data Protection Legislation means the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA2018), United Kingdom General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and any legislation implemented in connection with the aforementioned legislation. Where data is processed by a controller or processor established in the European Union or comprises the data of people in the European Union, it also includes the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). This includes any replacement legislation coming into effect from time to time.
Alpha BioPesticides Limited is the controller for the personal information we process, unless otherwise stated.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the ICO) with registration number ZA469541.
You can contact us either by phone, email or post.
Our main trading/postal address:
Alpha BioPesticides Limited
St John’s Innovation Centre
Phone: 01223 911766
2 The information we collect and when
We only collect personal information that we know we will genuinely use and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. The type of personal information that we will collect on you, and you voluntarily provide to us include some or all of the following:
- Your name
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
We may, in further dealings with you, extend this personal information to include your address, purchases, services used, and subscriptions, records of conversations and agreements and payment transactions.
- You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal information; however we require at least the information above in order for us to engage with you.
- The legal basis for processing your data is based on your specific consent; compliance with a legal obligation; our legitimate interest that we will have stated at the point the information was initially provided, therefore we will not store, process or transfer your data unless we have an appropriate lawful reason to do so.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- (a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- (b) We have a contractual obligation.
- (c) We have a legal obligation.
- (d) We have a vital interest.
- (e) We need it to perform a public task.
- (f) We have a legitimate interest.
3 How we use your information
- To contact you, following your enquiry, reply to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have contacted us about;
- Make available our products and services to you;
- To power our security measures and services so you can safely access our website
4 Who we might share your information with
We may share your personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk); or
- From time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website. However, all the information we share will be collected and anonymised, so neither you nor any of your devices can be identified from it.
- We will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
- We use data processors who are third parties who provide elements of services for us. We have Data Processor Agreements in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us or further sub-processors who must comply with our Data Processor Agreement. They will hold your personal data securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
5 Your rights over your information
5.1.1 The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. We ensure we do this with our internal data protection policies and through our external website policy. These are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure these are accurate and reflect our data processing activities.
5.1.2 Right to Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances, by making a request. This is sometimes termed ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge and aim to do so within 1 month from when your identity has been confirmed.
We would ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
5.1.3 Right to Correction Your Personal Information
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
5.1.4 Right to restrict processing
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data. For example, this may be because you have issues with the accuracy of the data we hold or the way we have processed your data. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
5.1.5 Right to Erasure
You have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
5.1.6 Right to Portability
The right to portability gives you the right to receive personal data you have provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. It also gives you the right to request that a controller transmits this data directly to another controller. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
5.1.7 Right to object
You have the right to object to our processing of some or all of the personal data that we hold about you. This is an absolute right when we use your data for direct marketing, but may not apply in other circumstances where we have a compelling reason to do so, e.g., a legal obligation.
5.1.8 For more information about your privacy rights
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the UK. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers such as ourselves are available publicly. You can access them here https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public
You can make a complaint to the ICO at any time about the way we use your information. However, we hope that you would consider raising any issue or complaint you have with us first. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we will always do our very best to solve any problems you may have.
6 How long we keep your information for
We retain a record of your personal information in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary. Unless otherwise required by law, your data will be stored for a period of 2 years after our last contact with you, at which point it will be deleted.
7 Giving your reviews and sharing your thoughts
When using our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example, when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our Services. When doing this, your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks and/or their other users. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
Data security is of great importance to Alpha BioPesticides Limited and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your collected data.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- Limiting access to our buildings to those that we have determined are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies);
- Implementing access controls to our information technology
- We use appropriate procedures and technical security measures (including strict encryption, anonymisation and archiving techniques) to safeguard your information across all our computer systems, networks, websites, mobile apps, offices and stores.
9 What happens if our business changes hands?
A cookie is a file that records information relating to your navigation on our website www.alphabiocontrol.com (date and time the pages were loaded; browser used and language; pages viewed, frequency and duration of visits to the site, number of visits, sources of the visit, location) and can facilitate your visits to the site.
At any time, you can delete cookies, refuse installation of new cookies or be notified before a new cookie is installed by configuring your browser following the instructions below.
Please note that if you uninstall a cookie or refuse the installation of cookies, you may not be able to use some of our services on our website.
Types of cookies
We use the following types of cookies:
- Session cookies for site management: when you access the site, a cookie “token” with a unique encrypted session id code is passed to your computer. This token then controls your access to the site for that session, and is deleted once you close your browser or log off from the site. These cookies also allow us to identify your device and preferences when you return to our website, such as customized features, language and regional preferences. These cookies are an essential part of the site delivery system, and you will not be able to fully use our site without these cookies enabled. [The information gathered by these cookies is anonymous, and is used only to improve your experience on our website.]
- Persistent cookies for site management: if you register on the site and select the “Remember me” option, a persistent cookie is passed to your computer. This cookie is not deleted when you leave the site or close your browser, but is saved on your computer. This cookie contains an encrypted user id code that identifies your computer upon future visits and automatically logs you into the site. This cookie is functional, and is designed to remember your preferences, to make your experience on our site better. [It does not contain any personal information that could be used to identify you.
- Analytics cookies. We use Google Analytics and Hotjar to monitor traffic on our site. When you visit our site, these programs set certain cookies that record statistical information about your visits to the site. We measure the number of visits, the number of pages viewed as well as visitors’ activity on the site and their frequency of return. This helps us improve our website and its functionality, for example, by ensuring that users can navigate it intuitively. These cookies do not store any personal information that could be used to identify you.
- What cookies are installed?
Cookies installed by AlphaBio Control:
|cookies_accept||Saves a user’s acceptance of cookies||1 day|
|_gid||Used to distiguish users||Google Analytics||1 day|
|_gat_gtag_UA_121065873_1||Used to throttle request rate.||Google Analytics||1 minute|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||Google Analytics||2 years|